This week, our partner church, The Ring Community Church, from Baton Rouge, travel to Hope of Life, the boys home, in India. We ask you to join us as we pray over this team.
Our friends of The Ring put together this prayer guide. A huge thanks to them for encouraging the Body of Christ to engage in the Kingdom work.
India prayer guide…
As Josh Causey (pastor) and Adam Yglesias (Elder) travel to India, they are fulfilling the role of the “arrow” for our body… aiming for the target which Christ has set before them. Our awesome privilege as the “bow” is to join with them in prayer to ask God for awesome things that He is ready and willing to bestow upon His children. This prayer guide will provide some scripture-based prayers to help unify our hearts as we all wait expectantly for God to unfold what He has in store for Hope of Life. Let us draw near to God in full assurance of faith, as we beg Him to do awesome things among our brothers and sisters in India!
Primary “Targets” for this trip to India are to…
- strengthen the relational connection with the pastor in connection with the Hope of Life and Matt and Nabin & Matilda, all giving leadership to Hope of Life
- solidify a vision for the next chapter of Hope of Life
- select property for a future Hope of Life facility
- discuss possible business opportunities that would fund Hope of Life
Apr 9-10 – depart from baton rouge & travel to India.
Apr 11-13 – travel the city and visit perspective sites for building the new Hope of Life.
Apr 14 – go with Nabin to the train station and minister to the children who live there
Apr 15 – church service with the boys & a special outing (possibly the amusement park again)
Apr 16 – depart for Baton Rouge
Prayers for Travel (flights & ground travel)…
- Father, spread your protection over these men, that he who loves your name may rejoice in you. Ps. 5:11
- Lord, you are their sun and shield. You light their way and protect them! Grant them your favor and honor wherever they go. Ps. 84:11
- Lord, stand at their sides and give them strength, so that through them the message might be fully proclaimed and all of India might hear. 2 Timothy 4:17
Prayers for Family Staying Home…
- May your peace, God, which surpasses all understanding, guard their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:7
Prayers for Vision, Unity, & Wisdom…
- I pray that you would go before them and level the mountains, break down gates of bronze, and cut through bars of iron. I pray you give them the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that everyone will know that you are the Lord, who summons by name. Isaiah 45:2-3
- Lord, we know that no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him. We ask that you blow our minds with what you have in store for Hope of Life! You are the great Redeemer! 1 Corinthians 2:9
- God, as you give endurance and encouragement, give them a spirit of unity among them as they follow you. Romans 15:5
- Lord, we know your ways and thoughts are higher than ours. We ask that you would reveal your plans to these men that it could be on earth as it is in heaven. Is. 55:9
- Unless you build the house, God, the builders labor in vain. We pray you grant these men your vision and your wisdom for Hope of life. We lay down our own agendas and only desire what you have for us! Psalm 127:1
Prayers for the People of India…
- Lord, I beg that the lost will receive the seed of the gospel. I pray it falls on good soil so they will hear & understand. Matt.13:23
- Lord that you would open the eyes of the lost and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Jesus. Acts 26:18
- Lord, grant the lost in India an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; remove from them hearts of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 11:19
Fighting Spiritual Warfare…
- As You, O Lord, have commanded them, may they be strong and courageous. May they not be terrified or discouraged. Let them know that you will be with them wherever they go. Joshua 1:9
- Lord, let the men be strong in you and in your mighty power. Put your full armor on them, so they can take a stand against the devil’s schemes. Remind them that their struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the powers of the dark world and the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:10-12
He who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new!”